If you’ve been following along with my blog from the very beginning, specifically in 2017, you’ll remember I wrote a post about the 27 Things I Learned before Turning 27. I was a comprehensive list of all my life lessons I had realized to that point in my life. During that post, I promised to go back and expand on each of the 27 things. Sadly, I never did.
So here I am! Almost two years later, ready to finally cash in on that promise. March is an important month for me. It’s always a time of year where my momentum picks up. I’m trying to “stay the course.” While others have turned a blind eye to their goals, I’m just getting started.
I was sitting and thinking about how we get out of life what we put in it. I’ll get out of this blog and this community what I put in it. And I promised content that would inspire you in your walk to self-discovery – in finance, yes. But also in the pursuit of your passions. In the art of simply discovering yourself.
Let’s just say, my focus is beginning to shift. It’s not just about money and debt. It’s the reasons behind how we earn money, how we spend it and why we spend it that way that truly matter. Money isn’t our source. It’s simply a resource. How we spend money is directly related to how we live our lives and what matters most to us.
I’ve created this platform to dig deep. That’s what we’re going to do!
The point of this series is to keep my word and do what I said I would do, before I call myself moving on to something better, AMEN?
As I write each of these posts, I’ll link them back here. I hope you enjoy! And feel free to get involved with me. Comment with some of the lessons you’ve learned that you carry with you everyday.
The original post is here. Here are the “27 things”:
- I am enough (still learning).
- True friends accept the true you and the level of their “trueness” isn’t based on a timestamp.
- It’s ok to not always be ok.
- In the words of Holly Furtick, “give what you want”. #gamechanger
- Though I think I can do it all, I can not do all things well. #thankslaracasey
- “The borrower is slave to the lender.” #daveramsey
- Without prayer, my life would be in shambles.
- Sometimes you just have to LIVE.
- To love thyself takes passion, patience, practice and prayer.
- I can beat clutter with just 15 minutes a day.
- My mom is so strong. (As are my sisters)
- Everything in its place. Everything in its time.
- Diets are not my thing. But life changes are.
- Comparison is literally the devil! It sucks the life right out of you until the point of self-destruction.
- You can do better.
- (however…) Contentment is a rare and beautiful thing.
- “Have courage and be kind.” – Cinderella (A little kindness goes a long way.)
- “A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger.” Proverbs 15:1
- “He that hath no rule over his own spirit is like a city that is broken down, and without walls.” Proverbs 25:28
- To reach your goals, start doing them.
- My body is different from everybody else’s. Let’s not try and make it conform to standards it wasn’t meant for.
- Take a risk or it’ll be you who suffers.
- One of the greatest life skills ever: follow through.
- If you don’t give your body rest, it will take it.
- If someone seems to always handle certain aspects of life better than you do, trust me. They are struggling in other areas of their life and they are not perfect. Give yourself a break.
- Intentionality is key.
- Accountability. Don’t do life without it.