Welcome to February. The month of love, heart health and women’s history.
Let me tell you – I LOVE love I love being in love, I love loving people, I love seeing people in love, and finding the love of their lives, I love the love of Christ. It just gives me LIFE!
I have told myself that February is going to be a #selflove month for me because January wreaked havoc on my mind and body. I thought 2018 was overwhelming. January was like “nah, sis. Let me show you what’s really going on.” It showed me, ok? Geesh.
Nevertheless, she persisted.
So, let’s dive into these goals I set for myself in January. What did she accomplish?!
- No Spend January – This worked out GREAT. Until I had one dinner that ruined me for the rest of the month. Thankfully, it wasn’t too bad. I budgeted for it, but didn’t think of all the things that would go into it. However, I think I did well otherwise. I said no to myself in Sephora. I said no to buying shoes and a purse this month. I did not go on a random grocery shopping binge in the middle of the month for things I would never cook/eat. It was a win in my book.
- Be a supportive friend – I’m not trying to brag and say I’m such a wonderful friend. Not at all. But I did commit myself to being PRESENT for a few of my friends this month and I succeeded at that. Hands down. I would also like to take this opportunity to thank the friends who were there for me. They know who they are. They know I was all over the place. THANK YOU MAN. I love you guys.
- Nancy Ray’s contentment challenge – So, if you don’t know who Nancy Ray is, she is a wonderful photographer, wife and mother who shares her life experiences on her personal blog at www.nancyray.com. Some years ago, she created the contentment challenge. For three months, you are content with what you have. You don’t buy any extra things outside of necessities and you focus on the Word of God and the things that are important to you. Because of this challenge, I was more committed to my no spend challenge. The two intertwined. It made me more conscious of the things I spend money on and how I should be thankful for what I already have before seeking out other things.
- Stay on budget for the second month in a row – In late November, early December, I reworked my budget and started using the YNAB budgeting software. Game changer that I’m super grateful for. I stayed on budget in all but two categories – Dining out and Birthdays and Gifts.
- Declutter my closet and give things away – Though this goal was forced on me, it was by far the best and most successful one. In December, I was awakened by the shelf in my tiny closet completely falling apart, pulling from the wall and everything tumbling down. It MADE me have to buy new shelves., take all of my clothes out of the closet and sort through items that didn’t “bring me joy” (thanks Marie Kondo). I got rid of clothing, purses, belts, and a few other random things. My mindset was – I don’t care where it goes, as long as it’s no longer in my possession. Now I’m extremely pleased with my closet. I go through my laundry a little quicker now than I have in the past and that gives me joy.
- Prayer on my knees everyday – So, my #1 goal this year is “Seek ye first.” In order to seek Him, I have to come before His face. Well….I didn’t completely succeed. I’d say I prayed on my knees about 50% of the month. The other 50% was basically me waking up late, going to sleep without praying, you name it. I think I’ll do better in February.
- Drink green smoothies 3x a week – Basically, I succeeded. Homemade. Every week. Like a BOSS.
- Get on track with Reina + Co. course – Honey……I did not…..no, no, no. I didn’t even finish one lesson. It was tragic. I was dealing with so many different emotional things and backlash from December that I couldn’t even think about this course that I PAID for. The good thing though is that Reina is sincerely one of the most genuine individuals I’ve ever virtually met. There was even an instance this month where she and I cried during a webinar. I love her! I just didn’t get back to the course.
- Edit site & post blogs on Clarity & Strength – the fact that you’re seeing this post alone is a testament of my commitment to this goal. I’m sitting in a Starbucks right now. In my gym clothes. I have NEVER been this committed to this blog LOL. I’m just grateful to be finally taking this seriously. It’s been a long time coming. I’m still editing the look and feel of the website as I go, but the point is to continue producing content. The design of the website has nothing to do with the content. Remember this. It won’t be perfect. Do it anyway. And give up 15 minutes a day (at least) to use towards getting yourself to your goal.
Thank God that’s over! Let’s dive into what I’m excited about in this month:
I will be traveling to the Dallas/Fort Worth area this month. I’m super excited to get away from home. Rest and relax and use that time to dig deep into some of my February goals.
- Stay committed to the Nancy Ray contentment/no spend challenge.
- Plan the Phillips wedding with joy
- Plan Youth Jam 2019
- Market my church’s upcoming community event well.
- Work through the Reina + Co course.
- Be creative. Get in the hand of peace.
- Finish one audiobook.
- Start reading one phyisical book.
- Do Sunday night routine.
- Grocery shop with a list.
- Write two blog posts for Clarity & Strength.
Daily Action Goals
- Do morning routine.
- Do night routine.
- Complete bible plan.
- Complete a workout.
- Get H2O.
The point of all this isn’t just to check off some list (even though in some sense I am). The point is to put measures in place that keep you accountable to what you’ve set out to do. How does that saying go? A vision without a plan is just a dream?
Well this is my plan. What’s yours?
All my Love, Cortney